10.09.2009

package of care

Today as I walked to our mailbox I was completely humbled by a dear friendship we share with people who live way too far away (North Carolina...)!  I just received the best package in the entire world!!! :)  To Jen and Hal... we are so grateful for your friendship and your creativity in creating care packages!!  We feel so blessed!  To anyone who lives even a bit NEAR North Carolina... you have to try GUARANA-- (I pronounce this "guarananana)... it is the best soda on the planet and thankfully I have a six pack in my fridge right now! :)  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!



(see that awesome hot pad?  you can have your very own by going to REMNANT's website)

Last night I was reading in Titus and LOVED this passage:

"He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life."  titus 3: 5-7


I am not a Bible scholar, nor do I claim to be... but what this says to me (and what it says over and over again in the New Testament I'm learning...) is that NOTHING that I do makes God love me more.  If there is ANYTHING good found in this useless life of mine it is PURELY from the Lord and Him alone!  My life is justified ONLY by the fact that Jesus died for me.  The ONLY reason I'm going live life eternally is because I have asked Him into my heart and He has shown me GRACE!  Praise His name!!!

humbled and so incredibly thankful,
jennafer

No comments:

Post a Comment